If you are a lover of lemon pound cake and have to order it at every coffee shop you go to, like me, then you NEED to try this recipe out. This lemon pound cake is even better than the one at Starbucks. Whenever I bake it, we can’t even make it a full week without eating it all!! It is the most rich, moist, and perfect lemon pound cake that you will ever have.
lemon pound cake ingredients:
– 1.5 cups of flour
– 1 (3.4 oz) package of instant Lemon pudding mix
– 1/2 tsp. baking powder
– 1/2 tsp. baking soda
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 3 eggs
– 1 cup sugar
– 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
– 1 tsp. vanilla
– 2 tsp. lemon extract
– 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
– 1/3 cup oil
– 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt (one individual cup)
– zest of 1 lemon
– 3 Tbsp. butter, soft but not melted
– 1.5 cups powdered sugar
– 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
– 1 tsp. lemon extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a 5 x 9″ loaf pan with a piece of waxed paper. Spray the pan, and waxed paper with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
2. With a stand or hand mixer, combine the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon extract, lemon juice, oil and yogurt. Mix until evenly combined. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, pudding mix, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the lemon zest, and mix until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55 minutes, or until center is fully set, and a toothpick inserted comes out crumb free.
3. After baking, you can either let it cool in the pan for a couple hours or let it sit for 5-10 minutes, run a knife around the sides of the pan, flip and remove from the pan. Make sure the cake completely cools before frosting.
4. For the frosting: Combine the butter, lemon juice and lemon extract with a mixer. Gradually add the powdered sugar, and beat until smooth and creamy. I then place the frosting in the fridge for about 20 minutes until it is cool and thick. Take out the frosting and ice the cake, then either serve or refrigerate the cake more to let frosting set completely before slicing. & that’s it!
Enjoy baking this lemon pound cake!! It’s perfect for any occasion!
I absolutely love lemon pound cake. It;s just so bright. This sounds amazing!!
I love lemon! Lemon anything. And this pound cake looks so delicious! I have a version I make using ricotta cheese but I would love to try this for when ricotta is not an option. Yum!
Kim @ Three Olives Branch says
I was obsessed with pound cake growing up and have not had it in so long! Lemon desserts are one of my favorites, so I am definitely making this!
Lemon is one of my favourite ingredients. This cake looks so yummy and the recipe is very simple. I can’t wait to try it out.
T.M. Brown says
Love lemon pound cake and hubby is a huge pound cake fan. I love the idea of using Greek yogurt, too. Going to have to try this one out.
Your recipe sounds fantastic. I love lemon and pound cake. Can’t go wrong!
Yummy! I just might try this cake over the weekend. Except the frosting though because it is a bit much sweeter with that stuff on it. Thanks for sharing!
jiselle jones says
i love simple recipes thanks for sharing will give it a try.
Can’t wait to try making this ?
Oyinkan Ogunleye says
This looks sooooo delish!